Wednesday, July 18, 2012

must read books !!

So i do a lot of reading on weekends, while I'm tanning at the beach, and in my spare time . I love to read books that are informative to my day to day life . Might sound boring but I've put together a small reading list of some of my favorite books I've read this season that I think would inform and empower my friends and community to make happier and healthier lifestyle choices as well as a few books on the truths behind different popular industries such as beauty. 




The Magic- by Rhonda Byrne

Thank you thank you thank you. Count your blessings and be thankful for the light you see and the air you breathe. Everyone should have a bottle of gratitude next to there salt and pepper shakers in the kitchen and that's what this book is all about. Positive thinking !


The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey


This book isnt about the superficial short term ways to persuade people into pushing you forward. This book is about ways of thinking. Its a deeper understanding of perspective and to look at the world through a brand new pair of glasses. 


Not Just a Pretty Face- by 

Stacy Malkan


This book is all about the harmful chemicals put into beauty products and the truths behind makeup labels and beauty industries. I absolutely loved how informative this book was and this book changed my perspective on everything i put on and into my body. Only buying organics and staying away from harmful chemicals can benefit your skin, hair, nails, and even your immune system !


 super freakanomics - by

 Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner


Insides to politics and economics in actual statistics. Every wondered what type of real impact has on us and different countries. You'll learn what happened after small developing countries were granted cable in certain households and how it effected that regions way of thinking.


An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do 



by Al gore

The title here speaks for itself. This is a must read if your interested in learning how America and other countries are on a path to destruction by lifestyle choice and government . There is also a movie that goes with the book if your interested in watching 90 minutes about global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment